- It is a perennial herbaceous plant that is found in wet places, streambanks, and swamps. The leaves are up to 20 cm (8 in) long and 5 cm (2 in) broad, lanceolate to oval, with a toothed margin.
- Considerably smaller than normal Lobelia cardinalis.
- Roundish leaves
- It can be variously used in the foreground and midground, also in nano tanks.
- During the warmer time of the year it can also be used outdoors as emersed plant where its striking red flowers may appear.
- Lobelia cardinalis 'small form' is a very interesting cultivar of the larger-growing standard form of L. cardinalis. It can be discerned from the latter by its rounder, coin-shaped leaves and the far smaller overall stature.
- A good nutrient supply, the addition of CO2 and sufficient light result in a very bushy habit and nice green colour. (read more)
Leaf color: Its leaves are green with a reddish-purple tint on the undersides.
Plant height: About 10 cm
Usage: Midground, Nano tanks, Foreground, group
pH value: 6 - 7
Temperature tolerance: 4 - 30°C
Habitat: Lobelia Cardinalis Small Form does like medium to high light, co2, and micro and macro fertilization.
Placement In Tank: Midground