- Begonia picturata, a new species of sect from the limestone areas in southwestern Guangxi Zhuangzu Autonomous Region, China.
- Begonia picturata having villous peduncles and the pedicels, outer tepals (abaxial surface), ovaries and capsules villous-setose or hispid-setose with red trichomes.
- Plant Type: Perennial herb
- Flowering plant: Yes
- Flowering period: May to July
- Sun Requirement: Partial Sun
- Soil: Average, Rich
- Water Needs: Average, Consistent
- Temperature: 59 ~ 77 °F / 15 ~ 25 °C
- Given some humidity and filtered light Begonia masoniana is not difficult grow. It is best watered below the foliage to prevent spotting and mildew and can be fertilised with a diluted liquid fertiliser every 4 weeks while in active growth.