- Caladium species are tuberous-rooted plants with heart-shaped leaves or arrow-shaped leaves on long stalks rising directly from the tubers.
- Caladium Bicolor Bloody Spot is a herbaceous perennial plant producing a cluster of colourful leaves up to 80cm tall from a tuberous base.
- It is often grown as an ornamental plant in tropical gardens, where it is valued particularly for its attractive foliage.
- They grow in open areas of the forest and on the banks of rivers and go dormant during the dry season.
- Light: Caladium require bright light, but must not be exposed to direct sunlight.
- Temperature: A temperature of at least 18-24°C (64-75°F) with a correspondingly high degree of humidity is essential for plants in leaf;
- Humidity – High