- Triangle Dead-leaf mantis which originally comes from Southern Asia.
- These mantis mimic crumpled fallen leaves, giving them a superb natural camouflage.
- These Mantids may look fragile, but are a relatively hardy species.
Size: Size depends on species and sex, but adult mantis size range from 75 – 85mm in size. Females are substantially larger and heavier then males.
- Provide plenty of good climbing branches.
- Housing: For mantids, a screen cage is best, and is recommended more than any other enclosure. Babies can live in a small screen cage. Adults can live in a large screen cage. Height is more important than floor space.
- Substrate: 2 to 3 inches of peat moss, or potting soil
Day temperature : 23-26 C Night temperature : 18-22
- Substrate humidity : Always little bit humid
Prey type / feeder insects :
L1-3 – Drosophila melanogaster
L3-5 – Greenbottle fly ( pinkies )
L5 + – Waxworms, locusta, red runner cockroach, crickets ( medium size )
Keeping in groups : Yes
Mating: 2 weeks since final molt