- Giant Rainforest H.Majuscula, praying mantis are one of Australia’s largest praying mantids, growing up to around 70mm 3″ – 4″ in body length. They are found in the northern tropical regions of Australia, and feed upon large butterflies, dragonflies and a host of other invertebrate species.
- Food: Live insects. Blue Bottle Flies (sold at most pet shops I dont use crickets.). Flies are best.
- Feeding once or twice a week is usually sufficient – provided enough food is given to keep the mantids abdomen filled and rounded.
- Water: Mist spray around your mantis each day – it will drink the droplets.
- Temperature/humidity: This species will do best at 24 – 30°C, but will tolerate 18 – 24 degrees and have a slower growth rate.
- Humidity needs to be relatively high 60-80%, achieved by mist spraying the enclosure daily.
- These insects can be handled, but care must be taken when picking them up.
- L1: 1 cm
- L2: 1 – 2 cm