- Proserpinaca palustris, also known as Mermaid weed, is a beautiful stem plant that will add great contrast to your aquarium. Its leaves start out a vibrant green color with choppy, serrated edges. When allowed to grow under high-intensity lighting, the leaves will become more bristle-like, resembling tiny, delicate combs. Additionally, the leaves will gradually change from just green to a variety of pink and golden hues. This plant will certainly add a pop of color to your tank!
- Under higher light, the uppermost leaves will develop a red pigmentation. Carbon dioxide and light will increase the speed of its naturally moderate growth rate.
- Place Mermaid Plant at a depth of 6 to 24 inches beneath the surface of the water.
- Mermaid Plant does well is full sun to part shade. Once vertical stems are long enough, you can cut a few inches of the stem and repot it or plant it in the substrate. Mermaid Plant is great for spawning and cover for smaller fish. Propagates buy cuttings. Keep the top portion of cuttings and replant.
- Height: 6 – 8cm
- PH: 5.0 -7.5
- Temperature: 18 – 28 °C
- Light: high – medium
- Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation.