- Common name: Chinese dwarf banana
- Family: Musaceae
- Plant Type: Perennial, Deciduous
- Flower colour: Yellow Foliage colour: Green
- Plant Type: Decorative Plant
- Hardiness Rating (RHS) H4 (-10 to -5 °C)
- Musella lasiocarpum, commonly known as Chinese dwarf banana, golden lotus banana or Chinese yellow banana, is a plant of the Ensete genus.
- Just before blooming, the flower resembles a lotus – from which the plant gets one of its names.
- Tiny flowers grow in between the bracts. Its leaves have a slight glaucous sheen to them and are more resistant to wind than bananas in the Musa genus. It’s ideal for growing in a tropical style garden.
The saplings will flower in a year
- It is fairly hardy and will survive all but the worst temperate winters with minimal protection.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Temperature: -10 ~ 30 °C
- Climate: Dry
Height ( Adult ):
- Small: 60cm Large: 70cm X-Large: 80cm
The plant is native to the Yunnan province in China, where it grows high in the mountains up to an altitude of 2500 m.
Flowering: 200-250 days